About the MBL
» Publications / Databases
- A journal for biologists published since 1897.
- The official blog of the MBL.
- A magazine about the research and people of the MBL. Published twice a year.
Encyclopedia of Life
- The EOL website (
) and web services (
) provide free access to information about all life on Earth.
The 2011 MBL Annual Report
Welcome to Woods Hole
(.pdf) - An informational brochure
- A set of online tools and practical information for the research biologist.
- An electronic newsletter, published about six times a year (formerly available in print).
The Collecting Net
- Employee newsletter, published quarterly.
Women of Science
- A timeline featuring some of the women who have made a difference at the MBL.
- Out of print, but useful.
MBL Scientific Photography Contest
- Designed to encourage the recording of extraordinary macro and micro-research specimens viewed at the MBL through the lens of a camera.
MBL Article Archive
- An archive, prior to 2000, of MBL publications about the science, the animals, and the people.
Marine Organisms Database
- A database of useful information, images, and links of the approximately 200 species of marine animals that have contributed to MBL science.
Genome project database provides an online resource for
genome sequence, gene prediction, and global gene expression information.
- A database of cellular physiology and pharmacology.
- A database of microorganisms.
Atlantic White Cedar Database
- Flora associated with Atlantic White Cedar and the ecology of Atlantic White Cedar wetlands.
Meetings, Seminars, Events
Join the MBL community:
© 1996-2013, The Marine Biological Laboratory
MARINE BIOLOGICAL LABORATORY, MBL, and the 1888 logo are registered
trademarks and service marks of The Marine Biological Laboratory.